by Gene from NY
2T dry yeast
1c warm apple cider
4T butter, melted
2T wheat gluten
2c King Arthur White WW flour
12 oz (one package) McCabe’s Granola
2-2.5 c bread flour
1. Proof dry yeast in 1c warm water, 5 minutes.
2. Stir in: warm apple cider, honey,molasses,salt,butter (melted), wheat gluten, white flour.
3. When well-mixed add McCabe’s Granola (Don’t break up the huge lumps. They make it interesting) and bread flour.
4. Knead 8-10 minutes, adding bread flour just to keep it from sticking.
5. Rise once in bowl, once in loaf pans (although it makes a pretty good free-form loaf).
6. Bake at 350 degrees, 45 minutes until hollow sounding.
Incredible with peanut butter (sans salmonella) and it makes amazing french toast.
Yield: 2 loafs
- Yahoo Health: 8 Best All-Natural Cereals for Weight Loss • link
- McCabe’s Granola Banana Muffins • link
- McCabe’s Granola Bread • link
- McCabe’s Parfait • link
- New owners make McCabe’s Granola available at Kroger, Whole Foods • link
- Granola Cereal Goes National • link
- Granola Cereal Grows in a Crunch • link